The Australian and NSW Governments are investing $100 million to upgrade the intersection of Homebush Bay Drive, Australia Avenue and Underwood Road. The proposed upgrades will ease congestion, increase safety and improve travel times and connectivity to Homebush and Sydney Olympic Park for all road users.
Explore the map and leave a comment
Browse the interactive map to learn more about the project, view the design and leave a quick comment
The preferred option
Transport for NSW has now identified a preferred option to upgrade the intersection. A signalised intersection, configured as a Diverging Diamond Interchange, performed best overall when compared with the other options. This innovative intersection arrangement will improve safety, efficiency, and capacity at the intersection more effectively than a conventional signalised intersection.
Key benefits of the preferred option include:
- improved connectivity to Sydney Olympic Park residential, recreational and commercial growth areas
- improved traffic flow and performance at the intersection
- improved travel time savings for all road users, particularly during AM, PM and weekend peaks, and during special events at Sydney Olympic Park
- improved travel times and service reliability for 525 and 526 bus routes users
- improved safety for all road users at the intersection and approaches
- safer and more efficient travel for pedestrians and cyclists
- reduced vehicle operating costs for all road users
- improved environmental and visual amenity.
We want to hear from you
Transport for NSW is seeking public feedback on the preferred option by Sunday 29 May 2022 at 5pm. We will use feedback from community members and stakeholders to further develop the proposal.
Meet the project team
We invite you to attend an online information session via Microsoft Teams on Wednesday 4 May from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
During the session, our project team will explain the proposed upgrade and answer any questions that the community may have. You can join the session by using the following link nswroads.work/ausaveinfosession.
We encourage you to submit your questions in advance by emailing the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1800 844 199.